Monday, November 27, 2006

Not in Kabarnet anymore...

These pictures are in the Masaai Market in Nairobi (where i did all my christmas shopping). It is crazy! People follow you and ask for money and try to sell you everything. I had my own personal shopper-i went around and collected everything I liked and then we sorted it out and I payed for it all at once to him, and he brings it to the his boss or something. I am not sure how it worked-but it was an experience.
Now today is the last day of the Spiritual Life Conference, which has been such a blessing. It is wonderful to have so many missionaries-about 350 people here-to talk to. Some have been missionaries for over 30 years here. I am the youngest :) here. But there is a group of short termers my age, and we have had such good discussions about theology and stuff that i have just been craving to have. And being with so many families just blesses my heart! Babies and toddlers, so cute! But the best is just hearing where they are and what they are doing, I learn so much from them. It is great to have my familiar "western" style of worship again too, as cheesy as that sounds.
Rift Valley ACademy, where we are for the conference, is so awesome! IT is a 4th-12th grade school for missionary kids, and it is huge and beautiful. it is in the foot hills of the valley, so it boasts incredible views of the vast valley and hills. THe school has two big football feilds, volleyball courts, basketball courts, weight room, gym, racquet ball, just about anything you can think of! It is similiar to a college because of the way that each acedemic apartment is a different buildling, so lockers are outside and it is just open and spacious and beautiful. THe dorms are really nice too.
Tomorrow I am going to start shadowing/learning/helping at Bethany Kids at Kijabe hospital, just down the hill from me. I am really excited about that and what kinds of things i'll learn and see. Then in a week I am going to Masaai Mara-the game park that is part of the Serhengeti in Tanzania! SO i am very excited about that. It is about 45 minutes by plane, so i 'll stay overnight in a lodge and go on two or three game drives. I am pumped. Well, that is all for now.

"Praise the Lord, O my soul. i will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live" Psalm 146



No comments:

Post a Comment