Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm an auntie!!!




I am in the hospital with my baby sister, who had her own baby last night. I have been anxiously awaiting the birth of my first niece and she came last night, Monday Feb. 23rd. Hannah was due March 3rd, according to her first ultrasound, but was feeling more uncomfortable this weekend. She also had her membrane stripped last Thursday, so we were expecting a baby sooner than later! Yesterday she went into the hospital to get checked around 12:30, where they had her walk around a bit to see if anything progressed. Since not much happened she was about to go home, but then her water broke! So she stayed and got settled into the room where she would soon deliver her firstborn.
She got Patossin in the later afternoon to help speed things along. That really got her contractions going, and she was requesting an epideral in no time. After that kicked in the pain subsided significantly and she was a lot more comfortable. By around 9:15pm, she was dilated to a 9 and about ready to start pushing. In the presence of her fiance, Efra, me, our mom, and our friend Amber, Hannah begin to push! She was very alert the whole time, and I only had to help her stay awake once. The best part is in between pushing, classic Hannah, requested her phone and proceeded to text in between pushes. She worked like a champ for about an hour and soon a dark, wavy haired beautiful baby girl appeared before us! As soon as that amazing child came out, the emotions were overwhelming and i burst into tears. A healthy, beautiful child that I can call my niece and help to raise and love just appeared into the world after 9 long months. My little, baby sister created a life and worked as hard as she ever had in her whole life to bring her into the world! I was flooded with feelings of love for this new life, proud of my sister, excited to see what God has for this new child.
She was born at 10:58pm, 7.59lbs, 20inches long. Her name is Aleeya Lily Osorio. Her name means "exalted" and "sublime", and Hannah really wanted a flower for the middle name. My prayer is that our Lord will lift her high, that her life will be exalted and she will live powerfully for Him. I pray her life will be an example for others, and God will exalt her and hold her close.
Now for pictures! I am going to be a little obsessed with picture taking...





No comments:

Post a Comment